View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 06:42 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Friar_Tuck View Post
... I have never used a shuttle machine. The 27 in it has a 1908 allotted number, and I can't find any indication of what machines came in these cabinets originally. Looking for opinions on putting a 66 red eye in its place. The 27 was very fast to get limbered up and I might just try to learn a new type machine, but I do have a nice red eye setting here. Something about the red eye, or maybe even a memphis, that I think would look nice in this cabinet. ...
Beautiful cabinet. My opinion would be for a machine with Lotus or Tiffany decals. Which decals does the 27 have?

As far as fitting, I'm thinking the drawing room cabinets have a pan which may or may not be specific to the machine it was for. I know the bentwood cases are different depths of respective bases for the 28 and 99 machines. If the full size 27 and 66 follow suit then the 27 would have less space needed under the machine than the 66. It is possible they position the pan to fit either. From my understanding cabinets can have differences, which would only matter if you wanted to fold it down. This is per singer treadle question specifically posts #7 and #8.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.