Old 12-12-2018, 08:02 PM
themadpatter

My newest bff in my neighborhood is my across the street neighbor's 8 year old daughter. (Maybe she's 10, lol, I keep forgetting!) Anyway, Mike got a machine from someone he knows, and she brought it over for me to look at because it wouldn't keep tension. It was a White Mighty Mender W100, and I got it to tension, but its a flimsy little thing. I gave her the Singer 285K from my collection. It's all cleaned, oiled, and humming, so she won't have any problems with that. I had planned on giving her a machine, but I wasn't sure which one to give her. I was a little bit concerned because most of the candidates are straight stitch only, but the White is, too, so i decided that wouldn't be a problem. We shuffled it across the street, stopping every 10 feet to rest, and its in a spot where she can use it easily. In a few years, if she's still sewing, I'll upgrade her to one with bells, whistles, and cams.

The only real difference between Layliana and your DGD is that she can come over and ask me if she has a problem. Can your DGD come stay with you for a week this summer, and go to "Sewing Camp?"