Thread: UFO moratorium
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 07:25 AM
Battle Axe

Default UFO moratorium

I think I figured this one out, but I'd like to run it past all the experts here for sure. This is so old I don't even remember when I started it. And of course the pattern or picture of whatever I was working from is not in the tub. However, there seems to be a lot of the fabrics. I have a before this week picture and then after. I think I found the problem. One of the dark green setting squares was 11 1/2 in one direction and 10 1/2 in the other. If you look closely at the before picture you can see it. That particular setting diamond would never fit. Well, no wonder.[ATTACH=CONFIG]605349[/ATTACH]Before

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605350[/ATTACH]After. I cut about 7/8 inch off one end of the offending square and sewed it back together with only one pucker which I will address here in a minute.

My question to the Lone Star Experts: Where was I going with this?? I found a book by Krentz and there is that setting diamond. Then what? Four corner triangles? The space measures 20 + - inches across the bottom of the 4 corners.

Before I go to the Ivory Tower and start whacking up the fabric, I'd like some opinions.

The problem with UFOs is that the fabrics are hard to locate. What I do will be dictated by what I can find in the tub.

Marcia
Attached Thumbnails 20181215_070839_resized.jpg   20181215_081154_resized.jpg