View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 06:59 PM
peaceandjoy

No cookie baking here this year. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on a remodel of kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. Kitchen was totally gutted down to studs. Cook top is installed in island, but wall oven is not yet in. Hopefully, in a few days - but there are boxes and STUFF everywhere! Most of the kitchen boxes have been unpacked and things are in the cupboards. However, I have had a terrible cold - no energy, and am coughing like crazy. Not interested in baking.

Next year, though - I will enjoy having lots of counter space on the island and my KitchenAid conveniently in a little garage in the corner of the counter. I've always wanted to do a cookie exchange, maybe I'll finally do one.

Anyhow - We make my MIL's cut outs w/ royal icing, pipe around edges then flood. More time, but less messy and very pretty. I used to make angels and decorate right down to blue eyes. No more of that! Mittens w/ a cuff, stars, trees.

Kiffles, DD loves them and they are ridiculously priced in the store. Not bad to make, but they do not keep very well. However, I have had a terrible cold - no energy, and am coughing like crazy. Not interested in baking.

Cranberry Hootycreeks. What the heck is a hootycreek? I think that is what originally caught my eye with these cookies.

Peanut Butter Blossoms and a chewy ginger molasses (that only I will eat - soooo good with coffee!).

When we had older relatives, I baked lots of cookies and made up tins to give them. Now we are the older relatives, lol!