View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 02:59 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Default more of my Christmas homemade presents

These were hard! the Seminole quilting on the wall hanging for my brother was tricky (small pieces). The one for my sister I cut up some dresser scarves and doilies our Mom's Mom made--I was so freaked that the hopping foot on my long arm would catch that I laid white tissue paper over the top and taped it down and carefully quilted through it. Worked great. This picture is my favorite of my folks taken 3 months before they married (March 1948). They were both some goofy & happy despite my Dad having just returned from 3 yrs in Pacific Theater of WWII and having been very ill (Dengue fever & malaria) and they were both so young! My local t-shirt print shop does an awesome job reprinting a Kodak Brownie box camera photo onto to fabric for me with such clarity. I double batted (80/20 with layer of poly on top--wanted to avoid wool as worried the lanolin in wool my bleed through the picture) and a big shout of of thanks to whomever on the QB suggested making a fabric "envelope" to put a story in for the back label![ATTACH=CONFIG]605515[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]605516[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3698.jpg   img_3696.jpg