Old 12-18-2018, 04:58 PM
Linmar

Originally Posted by DawnFurlong View Post
Linmar - after having had the DX5, I would agree with you on the float/pivot feature. I preferred controlling that with the knee lift myself (I didn't keep the machine, I ended up trading it for a Pfaff Performance 5.2 that was on closeout, which I am loving!!). I went with the DX5 over the F600 only because it was on sale and priced the same locally as what I was finding the F600 selling for online. Have you checked out sewing machine reviews at Sewing Pattern Review also? People love their F600's and 6600's! .
DawnFurlong- Yes, I have been reading and watching reviews in several locations (including YouTube) for a few weeks now. Both the Janome 6500 and the Juki F600 (as well as the more-expensive Janome 6600) are wildly popular with their respective owners. Honestly, I don't think I'd be going wrong with any of them. Maybe that is why the decision has been so difficult.

The good news is that I don't have to get anything immediately. The Christmas sales don't seem to be as tempting as they were last year. Maybe after the holiday there will be some clearance sales. Also, people who receive machines for Christmas will be selling their previous machine. I don't particularly want to go the used route, but sometimes it works out.