View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
I'm a visual person, so need to have things visible. So, it's hard to tuck things away in a corner...I'll forget about them!
I do usually clean up stuff and dispense of left-overs once I'm done with a project. Scraps are cut into usable pieces or put with the original fabric. Smaller than 2" gets sub-cut into stuffing for dog beds. I've always got a collapsible hamper bin thingie that collects the scraps. When it gets full......a dog bed is made. I vacuum almost every day in my sewing room.....the work surface, the carpet, the ironing board and my design board......the most vacuumed room in the house! Do you think that our sewing rooms get so "dusty" because of all the fabric and batting and stuff going on in there? If you sew in a dining room or other living area, do you find that it gets dustier? I'm thinking that's why my house has so much dust.....and I'm sticking with that!
You are so right about the dust..I work in an LQS that has a long arm business as well. Lint like dust accumulates everywhere. I keep a small scrap of leftover batting in my apron pocket to use as a quick duster as needed...then toss it when dirty