Old 12-19-2018, 05:19 PM
zozee

Originally Posted by Linmar View Post
My apologies to those members to whom I have not responded. I wasn't getting the notifications for today - even though I had visited the board in the meantime. I am starting to consider the Janome 6600 a little more seriously. It's really more than I wanted to spend, but it sounds as though it will last for years. The dealer was closed today-and I might not have time to go until Friday. (Assuming I make up my mind - I can't say I'm doing a good job of it.)

Another machine I am now considering is the Janome 8200, thanks to all the positive comments I have read online. I have spent less time buying a new car...just sayin'.
Ask the dealer if you can test drive both the 6600 and the 8200, and try free motion quilting. If you've never tried FMQ, ask her for a demo. (Hopefully she --or he?-- knows how and can demo it. It's a dream.) Also ask if they have a "re-box" (one that was reboxed after a customer return or after a quilt show, in which case the price is a lot lower and there are next to no hours on the machine. I got my 8200 for only $200 more than the 6600 because it was a rebox (and I didn't know to ask, but the dealer said the 8200 was HER favorite and she put in a call to Janome to see if they had one. Lo and behold...!) If the price is within reach for you, I can say with confidence that you won't regret the purchase. You'd be amazed at how much more throat space you have with 11" . No more seriously shoving bigger quilts under the throat. It can be done--and it is--by many a quilter, but I got such a bargain on mine and I knew I didn't need any more bells or whistles than it offered. I still feel that way.

Last edited by zozee; 12-19-2018 at 05:21 PM.