View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 06:42 PM
zozee

Originally Posted by tuckyquilter View Post
Zo: You've had a good reason not to do some things. The grandbabies.

I feel your pain. SO 2018 was my year of "COMPLETION", like in UFO's. Quilts sandwiched but not quilted. etc. AND more fabric than the law should allow. I'm a "SABLE" kind of gal. I got 11 quilts quilted. But the fabric..I stopped buying anything I could. Then started printing patterns I wanted to make etc. Matched them w/fabric AND CUT THE PARTS & binding strips. Put the parts w/printed pattern in very large baggies and got a separate clear bin to stand them upright in. I'm amazed at how many "quilt kits" can fit in one of those suckers. Really helped settle the herd of pile. Any leftover from the quilt kit was stripped out or put in baggie for the free table at guild. The Key is to keep working at it and keep a list on your fridge of "completed" projects. YOU CAN DO IT.
Oh, yes, my grandbabies occupy my every waking thought, almost! But since they don't actually LIVE here, I can't really pin the blame for my mess on them. LOL I'm so happy you've made good on your UFO resolve. KEeping a log of Completed Projects is a great idea--keeps you motivated, I'm sure. Too easy to keep focusing on what we still have to do and not pausing to take a moment to celebrate the accomplishments.