Old 12-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Mickey2

Originally Posted by lindawmn View Post
...Have you tried those zig zag attachments for the straight stitchers? I'm always interested in toys!
I have three types of zigzaggers; the first I got was a very simple one I can't remember where I got; the second; black Singer version with large knob shaped cams. They work, but it's hard to sew straight along edges. If you have a bit of fabric on both sides of the foot it's easier. Some have done better with these than I have, I guess my technique could be better. The best one is the Swiss zigzagger, it's easier to to use, but the main feature I like is the walking foot action. There is a Greist zigzagger that looks nice, and one for decorative stitches called "Ruby", but I never ventured beyond the Swiss zigzagger.

I don't zigzag much on my straight stitchers, it's easier on my Bernina or Elna. You can't get a neat satin stitch on a zigzag attachment, but a bit of utility zigzag or blind sitich is with in reach. Among attachments I can recommend are the buttonholers, they do a good job, are easy to use and give a nice result. There are sought after attachments like the Penguin walking foot, but it's just too expensive; and I have a Swiss zigzagger; on straight stitch setting it is a walking foot. There is a picot - hemstitcher that caught my interest, but so far I haven't bought one.

Last edited by Mickey2; 12-19-2018 at 07:05 PM.