View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 07:57 AM
Iceblossom

Current project is a donation baby quilt. Since the last virtual quilting weekend a friend gifted me with her used but very nice Bernina 820 "sewing computer" and I have been learning the machine. It's quite a change after using a vintage Remington (older than I am!) for the last 20 or so years. Don't know if I will get the top quilted this weekend or not, but that's the idea I woke up with this morning. I think it will be simple in the ditch quilting along the sashing and then on the diagonals of the blocks, it will be my first quilting project with the Bernina. Then I have another top and maybe I'll try some free motion or work with the BSR on some scraps.

Quilt top is simple and I think cute and appealing if maybe not everyone's cup of tea, I'm calling it "Pig Pen". A 6" square pig print of bright pink cartoony 1-3" pigs on a white background with a few blades of grass, surrounded by 2" pink sides and white corners. The pig fabric came from a fabric sale at a local quilt store, pieces were basically a dollar a yard. The pink came from a different thrift store, it's a tone-on-tone kind of swirly floral design. The white came out of my stash, it's a white on white swirly print. Today I'm putting it together with the sashing, which is a light blue stripe with a thin floral design of a green vine and pink and white flower buds. It was pretty much exactly a 2" stripe and was given to me by one of my small group ladies. The sashing is also set with the white on white corner squares used in the pig pen blocks. If it will fit the piece I want to use for the backing, I'll also do a final border of the bright pink. Should be able to get a picture of the top today.