Old 12-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Mickey2

Mint condition items are usually dusted off carefully and stored in a dry place. Even the case should be cleaned up and given a cover ;- )

It's a nice model, if its the one with the push button reverse, it probably needs diligent oil applications behind there, oil, push, test sew, turn knobs and push buttons, oil, test sew, repeat,... It can take days of effort given to get it to shift nicely again. It's not difficult, but a bit cumbersome and time consuming. If it's the version with stitch length lever it tends to be easier to get oil into every nook and cranny. I'm used to the 19 and 21, they turn up here now and then and usually clean up well. I have never seen any in nearly new unused condition like yours, it's rare.

I have never dared to take the bobbin case appart on these, I think it needs special tools and a bit of know how to do it; so only cleaning, vaccuuming compressed air and oil from accessable angles. It's a work horse of a machine, strong motor and sews quite fast compared to computerized models we have to day.

1951 is pretty early one for these, I think they were made from around that time to around 1960.