View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 08:13 AM
rattie

Originally Posted by JJBlaine View Post
I was leaning toward the Brother because the hoop is slightly larger, but choose the Eversewn because of the 400 decorative stitches.

It's also less expensive than the brother.
Thanks for the suggestion - I've looked at that one a little as well but was leaning towards the larger hoop.

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Are you familiar with Amelie Scott Edge to Edge machine embroidery quilting designs? They are very popular and dealers teach classes on them. Make sure that you ask about them. Machine embroidery ...if you are a novice...has a learning curve and supplies are not inexpensive.
Yes! I've been watching a lot of the videos. I'm new to embroidery but not to sewing or quilting. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
my advice would be to go with either a Brother, Babylock or Janome brand.
you are more likely to have certified service/repair providers within a reasonable distance.
This is also my theory - I only have 2 dealers in a reasonable distance from me (I live in the boonies) and these seem to be the only brands they service. I have a Juki machine and I'm still working out where to take it for service.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
whether or not a PE800 will help with quilting depends a lot on the size quilt you usually make. it's pretty small so anything larger than a crib quilt is going to give you fits unless you use one of the many quilt-as-you-go methods
Most of my projects are QAYG because I just find them easier to work with and I do a lot of applique quilts as well so I'm not too worried about shoving a large quilt in to embroider, but I have taken that into consideration as well.

Thanks for all the info! I will check out the links and resources you guys mentioned. If you think of anything else please don't hesitate to add in - I'm not taking this purchase lightly and may end up going over budget to make sure I get what I want.