View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 01:17 PM
rattie

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly
When I first became interested in machine embroidery several people told me to get a machine with the biggest hoops I could afford. It's good advice if you're sure you want to jump down this expensive rabbit hole. I started with a Janome MC200e. Fantastic machine but I outgrew it in about 2 mos and bought an MC350e. Wasn't long before I outgrew that one too. I now have the Janome 500e(it comes with 4 big hoops including an 8x11 quilting hoop)and love it. The Brother machines are also good, tough workhorses too, (I also own 2 Brother embroidery machines) but as far as being more user friendly, having a better screen and more onboard editing capabilities, for the money Janome wins hands down. If you're sure about this, save your pennies and get the MC500e, you won't regret it.

Cari
Thanks Cari! That's very helpful info. I am sure I want to purchase one, but since it is just for a hobby I don't know that I can make myself spend that much for a 500e, but it's on my list in case I happen across a used one or a good deal. I appreciate your help!