View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 07:03 PM
toogie

I didn't!-lol I ordered the tatting, from The Smocking Bonnet, when I made this. I only had about 6 weeks total to order supplies and get it made. I worked on it EVERY day after work, until bedtime. I finished the gown the Thursday night before the dedication on Sunday. I washed it by hand that night and Friday I ironed it and took the gown to work to show my co-workers. One woman told me I could probably get $300 on ebay or some site. I told her I wouldn't TAKE $300. I had over $150 of supplies in it not to mention the work hours or (that it would never be sold it was for my daughter's children). I then called my daughter and told her I finally finished the gown, but she would be without the bonnet.....my husband overheard my end of the call and laid that guilt trip on me, so...Friday after work and all day Saturday I worked on the bonnet. It was pressed and everything ready for our 2 hours drive to their church that Sunday morning. We dressed her in the church restroom, right before the service!-Whew!
Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
Who made the Tatting?