View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 07:45 AM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Sounds like you have it figured out Jenn. Do you have one of the add-a-quarter rulers to use to trim up your seams and keep them uniform? https://www.amazon.com/CM-Designs-Co.../dp/B003W0PNX4 There are YouTube videos to show how it is used.

If there are no noticeable names on the pattern sheet or anything saying copyright, the copy shop may be good with reducing it for you. Also, I enlarged a pattern and I was able to get an email from the designer giving me her approval. That was several years ago, but the copy shop did accept the email.

I love the Lone Star quilts but hate trying to match up all those seams. I just can't go with the galloping horse idea. I really look forward to seeing yours.
I have one of the add-a-quarter rulers that I use for paper piecing, but this pattern is not paper pieced.

I'm not concerned with the copywrite issue at the copy store. They won't know that I have traced the pieces of a copywrited pattern.

My question is will the reduced copy of the pattern setting pieces be accurate. The instructions call for 2.5" strips of fabric to make the lone star. Reducing that by 20 percent is 2" strips. I don't know if reducing the copy of the setting diagrams will fit the lone star since reducing something on a copy machine is not 100 percent accurate.

I'm afraid of going down that road and finding out that the copies of the setting pieces won't fit. That would waste the $350 that I paid for the kit. Maybe I should try doing it on cheaper fabric first.