Old 12-26-2018, 07:56 AM
sewbeautiful1

Feline fanatic,

Thank you for your response! This machine is a recent acquisition for me and I am still learning I am absolutely not familiar with frame quilting so I wanted to ask someone who would know and gather info (like you suggested, it may not even be a good idea with the machine i have )

I recently completed a lap quilt and did free motion and embroidery quilting on it. It worked fine but it was VERY cumbersome to move this lap quilt around for a few reasons: my largest hoop that can be used with this machine is 6x9 and even for a lap quilt it took FOREVER (because of the size) to just do select patches of embroidery (I free motion quilted in between). Then I had to hold the quilt in the air just so that it would not exert pressure on the hoop or the machine was giving me errors. I guess I was looking for a way to move through the quilting a little more efficiently but maybe that's the only way I have with the machine I have...

Also, I do understand that this set up wouldn't substitute a long arm but my thinking was if I can take the quilt holding out of the picture I can just focus on the quilting. I figured 8" would be big enough if the roller is small enough? See I have no experience to know if that is a good idea...