Old 12-26-2018, 09:31 PM
dublb

We had a wonderful Christmas. Half of the family were here. All in all there were 20 people that sat down to eat. #1DNephew brought his fiance. She is from Chili & can only speak a tiny bit of english. Of course #1DNephew speaks Spanish well but the rest of us can't. DDIL can speak a bit of Portuguese & a bit of Spanish so the 2 of 'em did converse a bit. (DDIL spent a year in Brazil. She had only been back a few months when she met #1DSon.) Anyway DDIL & #1DNwphew's Fiance discovered that they have a mutual DF. I did feel sorry for her as all of us together can be overwhelming when ya can speak the language, how hard could it have been when she had no idea what we were saying especially when we all were laughing. I will say that I think she is good for #1DNephew. We ate at about 1:30
Everyone hung around DM's house mingling outside for quite a bit. #2DSon left at about 4:00 to go back to Midland as he had to be at work early this morning. #1DSon, his family, Mike & I came back here for a rest at about 5:00. We were quite surprised when everyone showed up here at about 7:00. All 19 of us were spread through out 3 rooms of the house! There was a lotta laughter in the house all night. I think that there were 2 games of Spades played in the dinning room.
#1DSon & his family headed home at about 10:00 this morning. I did some sewing this afternoon.
This evening DH & I watched a movie & it broke my heart. We watched "I Can Only Imagine."