View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 03:51 AM
youngduncan

I have done two different Harry Potter quilts using the "Project of Doom" patterns. They are not difficult to follow since there are many internet videos which explain the paper piecing process. Almost all of the blocks are 10" finished, so it is quite easy to pick and choose which ones you might wish to include in a quilt. Even two identical blocks made with different fabrics will not look identical when placed next to one another.

This was my very first paper piecing experience, and it led me to other paper piecing projects. If anyone has blocks printed out, I say select ones which contain only or almost all books and begin there. You will become very adept in only a short while and advance to the more complicated ones. Any anyway, if a block is too advanced, leave it out and substitute another one in its place.

The niece for whom I made the second quilt actually cried when she opened the package. She said it was the most magnificent thing she had ever received. The other quilt I kept for myself, although I do loan it out occasionally to a school library for a short time.