Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 02:06 AM
travelinggramma

Glass blowing – what a wonderful thing to do. I just read a book to my GD about a vase that was passed down through many generations. It was made up of a rainbow of colored glass and was a centerpiece in the room. But alas the granddaughter danced and twirled and sang and jumped and the vase went down. The grandmother took all the glass pieces and went to a shed where she put them all in a pan along with remnants of other glass items that were broken over the years by the bouncy girl. As the teary-eyed child watched, she then melted it all down and blew another vase to continue the journey.

Thank you for all the kind words. Annie is healing remarkably. Physically anyway. The Animal Control, which is part of the Police Dept, will be issuing a summons to the homeowner and we will meet them in court. I was hoping they would go to the home and remove the dog, but that isn’t how it works here. Will let you all know what the judge will do.

My DD and her family have left. Can’t wait to set up my sewing machine – but first need to take down decorations and clean the house (all with my mother’s critical cleaning eye). One good thing – I have so many leftovers we won’t have to cook all weekend!

And then waiting with anticipation to play with all your fabric - what a fun way to start the new year!