View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
pittsburgpam

Making me blush. :oops: It was seat-of-my-pants work, didn't really have a plan in mind except for the framed squares which turned into using different colors for the frames.

The party was good, lots of food and people. My granddaughter liked her quilt, the 1 year old layed on it for a moment on mommy's lap, then back to opening presents. What really warmed my heart was the 2 1/2 year old.

He took the tissue off the top of the gift bag, saw the quilt and said, "Blankey". He took it out of the bag, wrapped his arms around it still folded up, and ran for the stairs. Mommy asked if he was going to show us his blankey? He shook his head "no", and continued up the stairs. I followed him and he had it wrapped around him in the hallway and still going straight for his bedroom. He took it right to his bed and was trying to lay it out on the bed so I helped him.

He leaned his elbows on the bed and looked at the circus animals, naming them and making the sounds. He then scrambled over to his toys, got a loin figure (he loves animals), and layed it on a lion in the quilt. He covered the lion with the corner of the quilt, put his finger to his lips and said, "Shhh." "Is the lion going night-night?" "Yes." He ushered me out, pointing for me to flip the light off.

I hope it gets many years of loving wear.