View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 05:03 AM
j50

Default sliders instead of casters

I am using an old side board table from the 40’s, with 2 drawers and 2 side cabinets, with a 36” x 72” of plywood attached to the top. It is cantilevered on one side with a 15” over hang. This gives me more storage space under the top . My storage carts fit perfectly under them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605969[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]605970[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]605971[/ATTACH]

At the left end under the top I have or will have installed a pull out drawer. And of course there is more storage under the table in the front.

I had thought about putting casters on my cutting/sewing table but that would make it to tall.
Instead of casters I found furniture moving sliders for wood or hard surfaces to place permanently under each leg. The weight of the cabinet keeps them secure. I got over sized 3” circles so that there would be more surface area for the movement of the table across a floor.

I do not have to move it very often, how often does company come, I will find out soon. We just moved and this is the 2nd bedroom/my sewing/craft room.

I got mine at the Ace hardware, their brand . I am sure other home improvement stores have them.

Make sure that you get the ones that are either for carpet, they have hard plastic on the bottom or ones for wood or laminate floors they are foam on top and felt on the bottom.

These are the ones at Lowes they are the same , less expensive than at the Ace but I had a coupon and gift card for Ace.

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Furniture-sliders-Moving-boxes-supplies-Storage-organization/4294713224

Yes this is my sewing /ironing table, but since I have just moved I am still putting stuff away. Messy, messy but will post later when room is finished.

One more tip for those that are moving or changing arrangement of sewing /craft space.
Take photos of before especially if you want to duplicate something . Like storage of fabric or things placed on shelves.

I was a least smart enough to label boxes with the shelf number for my fabric and placed flat fabric between stacks to separate shelves if I had more than one shelf in a box which I did.

Now to install the overhead lighting . Will be using a flexible track lite.

Happy sewing and Happy New Years.

Attached Thumbnails img_20181230_072356.jpeg   img_20181230_072501.jpeg   img_20181230_072519.jpeg