Old 12-30-2018, 07:04 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Good morning...house is quiet...coffee is brewing...come have a cup with me! Oh for sweets...there's a couple of chocolate covered cherries left (We've been keeping them safe from the Grands) and a tin full of Royal Danish cookies. MrOk and I finally finished the leftovers in the frig. The ham I baked was huge! but provided lots of additions to egg and potato dishes over the week. The biggest hit was the big chuck roast I baked...simple with a few onions over the top. I was planning a pot roast, but didn't get it in the oven in time to add the veggies. The leftover meat was chopped up the next day for soft shell tacos...also had chicken but the beef won out with the kiddos.

Looking lovely, dublb!

Laundry is done now to get the towels and sheets downstairs again. MrOk can now sit on his stool in the mudroom and take off his outer clothes without reaching over several boots and overcoats. The NC clan made it back home with little trouble. And we all admit it was time for them to go home...the kids wouldn't agree, but Gma Cow's house is not home and all are ready to sleep in their own beds and have their own routines back. It was a wonderful Christmas despite lots of rain here..equate that to mud and the feeding platform for the heifers flooded with water with no where to go. Ah idyllic life on the farm.

Think I will go sew! Have end of the year books to begin. It's been a disheartening year...hope 2019 improves.