View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 03:17 PM
Quilting Nana

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I was given a pile of men's shirts and asked if I could make 2 memory quilts from them. Well I found that pattern for seven shirts to make a quilt from - which is awesome.

My problem is that I have only 13 shirts.... not 14. This means that I may not be able to make both of the quilts using this pattern. (I am concerned about the size of shirts matching the pattern as well you know if I have all small shirts and the pattern uses large shirts) Not to mention that I am not sure that I have the right mix of dark shirts to light shirts to make 2 of the quilts

I can google and see lots of pictures of quilts from men's shirts, but I have no idea how many shirts were used to make them.

Does anyone here know of a pattern that is good to use on memorial quilts made from men's shirts?
Some shirts have something in front and also the arm. I use all of the above and add fabric to the small ones. I also use several of the small ones to make one square. You can do what ever you want that is what's so fun about these quilts.
Enjoy