View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 07:02 AM
grann of 6

I have kits that I purchased during Craftsy's sales between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Plus, I got smart and put a pattern I want to use with the precuts intended for that project into an artbin. They are stacked on a cabinet staring at me. There are 12, plus a couple in a closet. My goal is to do a "kit" a month, and maybe even more. I have a 25' wall of closets that are stuffed to the gills with fabric, in color order, Christmas fabric all together, novelty fabric all together, baby fabric all together, etc. You get the idea. My quilting friends are invited to "shop" my stash whenever they need something. I make a lot of charity quilts, and was proud that the last 6 I made were entirely out of stash fabrics. Not that you can see a difference. I also cut up the trimmings from quilts after quilting them. I cut them into 2 1/2" strips, charm squares, or layer cake size. I have a file cabinet drawer packed with charm squares I have cut. After I get the kit situation reduced I will start on the precuts, probably make a bunch of simple squares or 4 patches. Someone will love them. Lots of plans, am determined to be successful.