View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 08:32 PM
e4

Ladies! You need to set a new goal. Eliminate the word STASH from your vocabulary. I don’t have a fabric stash - I have a fabric COLLECTION. A collection is a set of things you enjoy, you don’t have to use the (although you can), they are there for fondling, stroking, looking at. You don’t spend the coins in a coin collection or use the stamps in a stamp collection. No-one suggests to a fisherman that s/he has to have only one pole or one fly or lure at a time - s/he has many poles and hundreds of lures and flies. Me, I have hundreds (OK, thousands) of yards of cottons, silks, wools, linens, and fabrics from other interesting fibers (hemp, nettles, even wisteria, some metal threads, etc). Am I going to use them all - of course not. I stopped pretending long ago. I was just in India and bought 20 sarees (to add to the 15 I already have and can’t bear to cut up) using the excuse that I MIGHT make a quilt out of some of them. I even planned a quilt while I was buying 8 of them, but now i’m not sure. They just look so beautiful all folded up neatly on my shelf. And the silk feels so good when I touch it!

My goals are to make quilts I want to. To finish ones I don’t get bored with and to enjoy every minute of it.