Old 01-01-2019, 06:44 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Happy New Year everyone...the sun is shining here, but started to get colder overnight after a bit of snow last night. We used to get together with friends on NYE, but as families got older it was put on back burner. So a quiet evening here, too.

Oh what a fun bag..perfect for your take alon" g bag! What did you use for stabilizer in it? It has so much body!

My EOY completion is not nearly as pretty! Our farm dogs sleep on the covered porch. They could stay in the barn on cold nights, but they choose to sleep near us. Every winter I make them dog beds/rugs which end up being thrown away at the end of the season. Last night I took my practice LA tension strip...about 36 x 15" of "quilt"...and sewed 2 together. Then went to my "dirty" denim bag and pulled out several 8" precut strips. Starting in the center of the "batting" I sew and flip the strips to the base on one side. When finished with that turn it over and sew and flip strips in the other direction on the back side. Then trim off the excess and sew around the perimeter. As soon as I put it on the porch, the old dog immediately left his post at the door and laid down on it. I think he will let Skye cuddle up to him! Happy New Year Lucky and Skye.

Now off to bookwork!