View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 12:30 AM
Scraplady

Oh, goodness, so many UFOs...

I want to FINISH several:
1) the butterfly quilt I pieced for my oldest granddaughter, hopefully before her 2nd birthday, so I can start on one for her sister who was born in October
2) at least one of the vintage quilt tops I've been collecting
3) the crumb quilt with applique borders that I started in 2016 so I can get it listed in my Etsy shop
and that will do to be getting on with, if I finish those, there are plenty more waiting in the wings..

4) I too desperately need to get control of my scraps. Scrappies are my hands-down favorite quilts to make, but it's so hard to get inspired by a big box full of wadded up snippets and bits. I want to cut them all into user-friendly sizes, mostly 2 1/2 inch strips/squares or charm squares. I plan to set aside a couple of hours a week to work on that specific task. The trouble is, scraps multiply when your back is turned, so you can never really be caught up!

5) Planning to buy NO new fabric just isn't realistic for me, but I managed to cut wa-a-a-a-ay back last year, and hopefully will cut back even more this year!

6) I love to add embroidery to patchwork bags and runners and things, so I want to take some time to finally learn the embroidery digitizing software hubby bought me for my "senior" birthday (55) last year. I've had some fun playing around with digitizing my own designs, but there is SO much more I need to learn.

Well, that's a start. If I add too many things to the list, it'll get overwhelming.