View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 02:15 PM
rryder

Default What are we organizing today 2019

Hey Y’all,
Since we’re in a new year I thought I’d start a new thread. No organizing for me today since it was a barn day, but tomorrow I will work on time organization.

In mid December I started a notebook with a to do list for my studio and it was really helpful. I listed the projects that I needed to finish and the date each was due. Then I listed each task needed to complete the project and crossed them out with a yellow highlighter when done. Using the list, I was able to walk into my studio and get to work rather than spending time looking at all the piles and trying to decide what to tackle and getting overwhelmed. It was especially useful on those days when I only had a small amount of time to spend in the studio since I can quickly run down the list and find some small task to complete- thus keeping the projects moving along and lessening the feeling of being overwhelmed.

I’m going to continue that for 2019. Tomorrow I am going to make a list of the quilt shows I want to enter and organize it by entry due date. I’ll put that list on page 1 of my 2019 studio to do notebook. Page 2 will be a list of UFOs and also WIPs that have specific due dates (like birthdays and gallery shows). Following those lists will be my pages for each month.

has anyone else tried this method to help organize their studio time?

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 01-02-2019 at 02:17 PM.