View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 02:40 AM
Mickey2

At the moment I don't have one, but I know them well. I have sewn on two different 21s; one with a stitch length lever and one with a reverse push button like yours. I have had my hands on a 19 too. They are nice, they are a bit heavy, but in my experience the best zigzaggers have a bit of weight to them. I think they are stronger than the average machine and faster than most computerized machines I have used. The only tricky thing about it is the combo stitch length reverse button, it can need a lot of repeated cleaning and oiling to shift smootly. Stuck in reverse is a common issue, but it's mostly about getting the parts clean, lubricated and keeping up the maintanance. There are good info on the Husqvarna groups.io. I read the hook and race parts require special tools, so I never went took it fully appart, just clean and oil from accessable angles, which is well within doable. I know of one person who has kept one of these as a main machine most of her life, she has it reguarly in for service at it still looks very clean and shiny.