Old 01-03-2019, 05:46 AM
eparys

My best recommendation is just playing with it to start off - and doing so often! Download the Quick Start guide. While some of it is not useful if you already have it downloaded - it does have a starting lesson on easy quilts, setting up the workspace to your liking, explains the way block colorings are "stacked, what the layers are used for, what "tools" are available and what they do .... etc.

There are a series of printable lessons under "help" (you need to be connected to the web to do that). There is also a link to videos there as well. All very useful when just starting. There are also, as quiltingshorttimer said, lesson books on the EQ site. I bought one of the EQ7 ones before my update, really liked it and still use it for EQ8 as a review at times. Also- I agree - sign up for the blog - lots of useful information in them with the option to print (I print to pdf and save them on my computer).! Last but not least are all the wonderful members here. The collective knowledge of this group is amazing! Good luck with it and remember - have fun with it!