View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 07:19 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
This week I'm taking all my scraps out of two tall laundry hampers and cutting them into 1 1/2" strips to make mini quilts and or strip quilts. It's taking forever as they have to be ironed before cutting. Then I will separate them by color and store in see thru drawers. Will make my mini quilt making so much faster.
May I suggest a spritz of starch before you press? (I make my own 1:2 ratio with Sta-Flo) and let it dry before you press. They can dry while you are color sorting others. Starch helps when working with the smaller pieces. I place the scraps on a large plastic lid...think tote size..and sprtiz away. Any overspray is soaked in on spots you may have iniitially missed. I place the lid near a heat run to help speed up the drying.

I also sort out wof pieces that would work perfect for a mini border and save them separately in a labeled zip lock bag...pieces that are 6" wof or so in basic colors are likely candidates..or a piece that you really like and hate to chop up into smaller pieces.

Oh I see delightful log cabins...4P and 9P's coming out of your bins!