Old 01-04-2019, 06:00 PM
CarolynTR

Default Sewing maching help: Top thread getting stuck

Hey everyone, I hope someone can maybe help me out with a problem:

My sewing machine has been working just fine, I'm doing a straight stitch sewing top pieces together for a quilt. Now the top thread is getting stuck while winding around the bobbin mechanism. I'll try to explain better so hopefully this makes sense.

When I took the top plate off to get a good look at what was happening, the top thread after being passed around the bobbin mechanism was getting stuck. The metal piece that moves around would "pick up" the top thread on the appendage (for lack of a better term), passed around, but then when it should be "released" to be drawn back up having looped the bobbin thread it stays stuck around that appendage and wedged against the large black plastic piece that houses the bobbin. I have noticed the bobbin "jumping" a bit at times but intermittently so didn't think much of it, but then when I paid more attention this time I think that the top thread was getting a little stuck but then releasing so it hasn't been a problem yet. Now it isn't working at all. Or rather, it will pass around a few throws of the top thread but then get jammed as there would be 3-4 loops and wouldn't allow the needle to rise.

Everything is threaded correctly. The tension top and bottom are fine. I was happily sewing along and then all of a sudden it was stuck. I cleaned it all out (man a lot of lint collects in there!).

Any help would be appreciated.