Old 01-05-2019, 04:32 PM
frannella

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
... Intereresting that no one has mentioned an Olioso iron which I see quite often on quilt shows and videos.???
I love my Olisos--I have 3 of them because I don't like getting on my hands and knees to plug and unplug them to move them to a different work station area in the two attic rooms I use for sewing. Expensive and indulgent, but worth it. The TOL models get really hot (1800 watts), steam is powerful, and the feet feature on all models REALLY helps ease arthritic pain and carpal tunnel episodes. Love, love, love those feet. I recently bought a Euro Steamer (Next Gen, 1000 watts) at a quilt show, but haven't been happy with it as a quilting tool. It works well on clothing, but who irons clothes any more? If your goal is perfecting your piecing and squaring quilt blocks, I find heat or wattage more important to success than steam. I also use those salon water bottle misters, even though I have had no issues using the steam from my Olisos. They are a game changer, especially when working with seams on the bias.

Last edited by frannella; 01-05-2019 at 04:41 PM.