View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 05:46 PM
costumegirl

I watched the TV series "Victoria" and really liked it although I know that the producers probably used "dramatic license" to enhance the story. Although it is fun to watch a TV series it is always interesting to learn more about historical figures like Queen Victoria and her Royal Family and read verified information about their lives.

Barbara Brackman is a terrific historian and I found the information and photos of Queen Victoria and her first daughter that she presented in her blog very fascinating.
http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/...ess-royal.html

Barbara has designed nine blocks named after each of Queen Victoria's children. She will be posting on her blog a new block each week on Saturday (started this week) through to March - Block 1 is already posted. The blocks can be paper pieced or completed using templates. Please visit her blog for further details. Her pattern is also available to purchase from her Etsy store.

Do join me for this project!! As I said above in my first post, I think it will be fun to sew these pretty blocks and possibly see what fabrics others may choose to use.

**Again, Please remember that this is for personal use only and do not re-post any copyright photos or information from Barbara's blog or any Facebook links here.

Ok I'm off to pull fabric from my stash!!

Last edited by costumegirl; 01-07-2019 at 05:50 PM.