View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 06:35 PM
tjk829

Default Anybody quilt in an RV?

My quilt room at home was huge. I had a koala cabinet and a 4 ft x7ft custom cutting table with tons of storage. I have an Ellisimo Gold 2 machine and my stash was stored in floor to ceiling shelves sorted by color.. and it was good. Then my DH retired and we took to life on the road. I tried bringing my machine but it was too big and in order to sew I had to set up outside, that didn't work so well. The table was shaky, the chair too short so I propped it up and every time I moved it fell off the props...sigh. I stored fabric and notions under the bed and that worked ok but there is just no room to lay anything out for cutting and quilting a finished quilt is the stuff of nightmares...We don't want to modify the RV by taking out furniture to make room so I need to try and make it work within the space I have. I bought a smaller machine to take with but that doesn't solve any other issues..has anybody figured out how to make it work? This year I am spending my time restoring vintage machines and learning how to repaint them and apply decals but I really want to be able to sew as well..any ideas appreciated.