View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Lisaballard13

Default New to quilting with a gifted machine

Hello everybody I’ve been sewing since I was a teen but only have done simple projects and have always had a brand new/cheapest machine. I recently have finally been able to finally start learning more about quilting and all the different patterns and such but I’m working with a sewing machine I inherited when my grandma passed away. Therefore I have no manual or knowledge of this style machine and to be honest it has way more bells and whistles than I’m accustomed to. So after hours of searching I came across this website and am hoping someone can help me learn more about my machine and if it’s a decent machine to learn to quilt on. And to be completely honest I’m having second thoughts about quilting because I’m so overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge not only about quilting techniques but just my machine. And I can’t afford to by a new machine but I desperately want to sew quilts for my loved ones, especially my first grandchild who’s due in mid April!!! So if anyone can help me with any information about a White Deluxe sewing machine precision built zigzag model 1717 and any honest opinions on if this machine will work for quilting. Thank you and I can’t wait to hopefully be posting pictures of my first quilt!!!! I also tried to upload a picture of my machine but couldn’t get it to work.