Old 01-11-2019, 12:17 AM
themadpatter

Default Miniaturists! Need your help with a Barbie Quilt

Using an extremely scientific method*, I have figured out that a Barbie Quilt should be 10.5" by 10.5" for a "full size." Now what the heck do I do? Should I just do something with squares, sashing and corner blocks, or is there some repository of tinyified patterns out there in cyber space? I'm trying to decide if triangles in that scale would make me go blind, crazy(er) or both. It's a serious consideration...

*ESM- measured my hand from heel to fingertips, got 7". Decided to consider myself a big handed freak, and rounded down to 6", which is so convenient. Measured Barbie's hand and it is .75", rounded down from 7/8th, because apparently she has the same problem I do. Who knew? I have something in common with Barbie! So, if our hands are both half a foot long, and hers is .75, the means one foot in Barbie's world would be 1.5" long in ours. A full size quilt is around 81" by 88". 7 feet =84", so an 84" square quilt would be 7 feet times 1.5 inches per foot, or 10.5 " square. And Bob's your Uncle!

Note: I still have my drafting scales, (those are rulers that allow you to measure in different scales, like 1.5" = 1') so I could make an 81 by 88 quilt, but even I'm not that crazy! Lol, here's the proof!