View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Janice McC

Default Great question that leads to packing/shipping info

TMF, great question! You may send a complimentary second fabric however it must be small. I'd recommend if you want only certain colors in your block, that you make that part of your requests. A good way to do it is to add paint color chips or small pieces of your suggested complimentary fabrics along with a note to each baggie.

Oddly enough, as past Boomers are aware, this is not a fabric issue so much as a packaging/shipping issue. We've had problems with too much fabric being sent (2 and three pieces of fabric by several people) and suddenly what should have fit in a single mailing package now had to be packed in a much larger box at an unexpected substantial shipping cost increase to the person receiving it. Therefore, I'd ask that you not send anything larger than say 6 1/2 by 6 1/2 and be sure to pack everything in as small a ziplock style bag as you can find. I know it doesn't seem like it but the packing and the ziplock size bags can be the difference between me packing bags fairly easily and me ready to tear my hair out in frustration while mumbling lots of 4 letter words. All four letter words. And please, please, please everyone, no ziplock bags with hard zippers. Shortly, I'll take a pic of how I'd like to find fabrics when I open your packages. Stay tuned...

Also, the Gallery is up with your fabric selections so far. If anyone wants to change the one I've posted, just let me know. Check it out. URL is in my signature below.

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Quick newbie questions..

Is it helpful to send a complimentary second fabric if I wish to have multiple fabrics per block? And if so, what size should the second fabric cut be to allow for plenty of creative freedom?

Thanks!