Old 01-12-2019, 02:47 PM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
Looks fantastic! Could you share what class it was you took please?
In response to your question, I am doing ruler work with the on-line classes by Pam Varner at [email protected]. There are 7 classes for this ruler work online. I highly recommend her
as an instructor - she is very knowledgeable and helpful to the students, you can ask any questions once the
class has began - Pam will start the video's and you can chose to be online with your questions or by using your
keyboard. I found it easier to do the classes by listening and watching, and I also took notes. When the classes
for that date are finished....Pam will send you an email with her tips and techniques, along with all the videos you watched for that particular class, you can download them onto your computer! Those videos remain to be yours forever.
You can review and go back and check out the things you may have missed during that class and make your blocks - that way it is easier on you and you can take your time to make them perfect. Keeping your sewing machine presser ruler foot touching the template is most important, as are matching the lines on the template and keeping them straight while you do the stitching. The videos originate in Australia with Leonie West, the designer of the westalee designs adjustable ruler for which her husband Bill and herself received the New Inventors Grand Final Peoples Choice Award. Leonie has been quilting for over 37 years. You will need a special low - medium - high shank or high shank special for your domestic sewing machine. If you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact me again. I think you will like those classes. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by d.rickman; 01-12-2019 at 02:49 PM.