View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by bisque
I can't believe it, looking over my stash, I found the exact same piece of fabric as the first one with the beautiful Cardnals, and I think it is so awesome I cannot decide what fabric to put with it to make a quilt. It is so outstanding, I don't even want to cut into! We have a family of Cardnals outside ever morning, male and females, sitting in our birch tree looking in the window at us. Any ideas what colors to put with that or a design. I am stumped. Nancy from N.J.
Nancy, just hang in there until May... Hoffman has a b'zillion coordinates that will go with it. Ok, I exaggerated... but still they will have dozens. Any of their cream/gold or scarlet/gold metallic blenders will be gorgeous. Their hunter/gold ones will also go but will be deeper in color than most of the greens in the leaves. Looking at this year's sample swatch of the cardinal fabric, I don't think they changed any of the colors in the design at all from last year (for the first 3 pictures), so if you're inclined to look NOW for coordinates, choose any of Hoffman's fabrics that are in the 33G (cream/gold) or 78G (scarlet gold) colorways. You could even get away with 47G (gold/gold, like the deeper beige shades in the birds).