View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 12:14 PM
PamelaOry

Default Cutting fat 1/8ths

I wanted to cut my fat 1/8ths oversized to give people as much wiggle room as possible. In the process I discovered it was easy to add to 18” making them 18 1/2 or even 19” long but had much more trouble figuring out how to get them wider than 10”. Once I cut the selvage off, most of mine ended up at 10, 10 1/4, or at very best, 10 1/2”.

Is is there another way to cut fat 1/8ths that allows for wider cuts?

also, I have a confession to make. When I first started cutting them over a week ago, I accidentally grabbed the wrong spray bottle and part of my fabric got sprayed with best press peaches and cream. I forgot about it and didn’t realize it until I was almost done and was doing one last press on my fat 1/8ths and I smelled it. It was very faint but there. I’m afraid of ruining the fat 1/8ths by rewashing all of them, and again, it was really faint. However, if anyone has a known migraine issue with best press fragrances, I will go buy more of the fabric and bag it up special. I have migraines so know how easily they can be set off if something is a trigger. Please pm me if you need an absolutely fragrance free fat 1/8th and I will create one with your name on it.

pam