View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 12:31 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
im still working on moving into my new closet. I’m kind of stumped as the shelves are really deep and I’m not sure how best to take advantage of that. Plus, I tend to buy my stash fabric with projects in mind so am struggling with how best to store it. On the one hand, it would look much neater if I put all the yardage on my mini bolts and fat quarter bundles all together etc, but then I don’t have the coordinates for a project all conveniently together anymore.
If you have larger pieces (5-6 yds suitable for backings), fold them and place them in the back of the closet, but before you do make a list with a small fabric sample and yardage so you don't forget what's back there...tape your list to the closet door. Then place ruler folded fabrics in front. Keep the coordinated fabrics together...if you don't you will forget about them...ask me how I now!

I've been doing some sorting...ha ha actually looking for my camera..want it for tomorrow and haven't seen it since our last guild meeting. I remember putting it into a bag at the meeting. Augh!!! I have a couple of projects I want to take pictures of too!