View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM
wildyard

Default A great use for clip clothes hangers

I've been doing a lot of strip/scrappy quilting making quilts for kid's in cancer units our KEYS program visits. While it's a lot of fun, I was frustrated because I couldn't keep my strips neatly sorted. After just a few minutes they become a mumbled jumble of sizes and colors all mixed up.

I recently purged my closet and had several clip hangers with nothing to hold, so it occurred to me to use them to hold my strips! I, once again, sorted them by length and this time I clipped each section to a hanger. My shelf has a short rail so I hooked the hangers over that.

Now I just unclip the length I want to use, pick out which color I want and then clip it back on the hanger. The stack of strips stays neat and sorted for easy picking of the next strip. I finished another top and my strips stayed neat the whole time!!!
First photo is my hangers with strips and the second is the top I finished today! Sorry the fabric behind the hangers makes it hard to see very well.
Some of you who have shared scraps and orphan blocks with me might recognize some in the quilt top. I am putting all those to good use! This is my 4th top finished. After the 5th one I will layer and quilt them all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606707[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails clip-hangers-work.jpg   one-more-top-done.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 01-13-2019 at 06:43 PM.