View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 09:36 PM
Joanne9of12

I've made quite a few of these rugs and taught a number of classes too. I did use clips for the first one I made, but haven't used them since then - except for the very beginning of the "rope" making. I've never used pins because I know that I'd stick myself. :-) If I'm cutting my own batting strips, I generally cut them 2 1/4" rather than the 2 1/2" because it makes folding and sewing the "rope" a little easier. I don't mind the 2 1/2" batting though, so don't be afraid to use the pre-cuts batting or any batting you've already cut. :-) The pattern says that you "may need to press to help keep the rug from curling." I say that there is no "may" about it. You WILL need to press, and I do it frequently. Here are a few pictures of rugs that I've made and they all lay flat, even after washing. I did have to press a couple after washing them, but they lay flat again and I'm still using them. By the way, I put a few little squares of squishy shelf liner under the rugs so they don't slide around the floor.
Attached Thumbnails img_1561.jpg   img_1633.jpg   img_1637.jpg   img_1462.jpg