View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 12:15 PM
grann of 6

Well, I am back from my sew-in day at the LQS, and I didn't too bad on the moratorium end. I only bought 2 fabrics, one is Mille Fleurs to go with a precut I have, and the other is a William Morris fabric to go with another precut left from a previous project. They will both become backing. Since both fabrics are Moda and were $5 a yard, it seemed only logical to jump on it.

As far as scraps go, I have lots of scraps from trimming my quilts after the longarm. Some I have cut up into usable pieces. But I struggle with the whole scrappy concept. I was an apparel sewer for many years, so in my mind fabrics have to be matchy matchy. That's where precuts come in handy, I don't have to labor over difficult decisions of what coordinates with what. I AM getting better, slowly. And one day I will take the big plunge and throw scraps together willy nilly and force myself not to make color/pattern judgments. But until then I will attack the precut and yardage stashes and attempt to reduce the volume.