View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 AM
costumegirl

It has been a busy weekend - our niece and her husband are here from the west coast for a visit so no sewing but lots of good family time We haven't seen them since their wedding in August 2017.

I ordered a few fabrics for this project to try to find "the perfect color" for the outside template and it should arrive in a few days. This template makes up the secondary block that makes a star when the blocks are put together. My beginning blocks are partially done minus the outside template. I am struggling with fabric choices/color but I guess the best way to figure it out is to just try the options. I am not using reproduction fabrics right now but may make another set with the red repro fabrics that I have to do more traditional - will see if I have time but I'm finding with the first blocks that have been posted that it doesn't take long to make - LOL the longest process for me so far has been coordinating my color choices. I will post pics in a few days.

If anyone has thought of fabric choices or started the beginning blocks please share so that we can all be motivated to get our creativity going