View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 10:12 AM
bettyboop32953

Default Full time RVer and Work Camper

I traveled for 5 years and quilted all the way. We started out in a 29 ft. Class C. I used the dinette to sew on. My cutting board was set up across the stove cover. I used the bed to lay out blocks. I also used picnic tables to sew on.
I had three bins full of fabric stored under the bed. We discovered our Class C was overweight (By 1200 pounds) and moved into a 33 ft. Class A. I turned the Cab chairs around and sewed on a folding table. A SewEZ table would have worked very well. I found that most RV parks had places for quilter's to meet. Community/Club houses are very common. I laid out a queen sized quilt and basted it for quilting on the floor of a Club house. I even used laundry rooms to cut and iron pieces while I did my laundry. I laid out blocks on our bed and also used cheap flannel backed table cloths as design walls. The great thing about table cloths is you can lay things out and roll it up and put it away.

We worked as hatchery hosts the last two years. I worked outside under the awning and inside the rig. The hatchery allowed me to use an empty office to set up my own little studio for a few months. I found local quilting groups that were always generous in sharing space and friendship. It is all very doable.