View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 02:42 PM
rryder

Thanks, Sewbiz. Welcome to the thread- It’s a great place to pick up tips and encouragement if you feel the need to introduce some organization into your world

Nora- I save every bit of my batting scraps. The large pieces get pieced together and used in quilts. Smaller pieces either get stored together in a box for use in art quilts for faux trapunto effects or they get stuffed on a shelf in my art studio until I have enough time to have a “batting painting” day. I use the painted batting in art pieces as a visible layer. I also paint really tiny pieces and thin strings of batting to be used in art quilts. Some thinn pieces get saved for padded handles as well.

I’ve fallen behind on my January studio to do list, but am hoping to catch up over the weekend. The main difficulty I’m having right now is that I just am not feeling inspired to work on the UFO that I want to get finished this month. But if I can get it finished I can use it to cross off two items on my to do list as it would be suitable to enter into a show that had a Feb.1 deadline.... in the meantime I’ve managed to re-organize my art studio because that just really really needed to be done (instead of the UFO)x. Sort of like the time I realized that I absolutely had to clean the baseboards in my apartment with a cue-tip the night before a term paper was due...

Rob