View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 05:52 AM
Janice McC

Thank you, JEB.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I will round up Janice.
Thanks, Mona G. And when you get a chance, post a pic of your new fabrics and I’ll add it to the gallery.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Janice, I plan to round up also. I have changed my mind on what I am sending, decided to do another fall colors quilt so will be sending out various fabrics and asking for fall colors to be added.
Macybaby. Wow! Just, wow.
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Like terriamn said, FW is Featherweight and LA is for my HQ Fusion 24" long arm

So the biggest with the smallest!
Most of these don't work - because they've not been cleaned up and oiled. I'm very confident near all of them could be made to work again with a bit of TLC. I may not have time to do much until I retire, but what is a few more years to a machine that is already near or over 100. At least now they are in a climate controlled environment and not sitting in a damp basement or up in the attic.
Since I was out with my camera, here are a few of my favorites.
This is a later Singer 12 (low arm). It's one of my oldest (1890's) as I don't collect machines much older than that. I have a friend that collects the very early ones, lots of those taht look very different than what we think of as a sewing machine now.
This one is made by White, and is in between the size of a FW and what is referred to as a 3/4 size machine (like Singer 99). Also 1890's era
And an early Singer 24 (chain stitch). Only one I've ever seen with an embossed stitch plate.
MJP, I’m glad you are having fun! Stunning Dresden! re: pics, make sure you shoot them head on, not from an angle. And then use your editing software to crop and shrink. The editing software is key.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I love the sewing machine museum. Not only the machines but the display setup too.

I am having preboom fun. I hope y’all have as much fun with the fabric as I’m having.

I forgot how how hard it is to get square photos.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606878[/ATTACH]
Jaba, I replied...twice! lol.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Janice, I will round up also. I can send in 18 fabric pieces, long story I miss cut apparently my last piece, it ended up being 9 3/4” x 22”. Can’t even stretch it enough.
I have been lurking and reading posts everyday so I have checked in sort of.....still going through a lot of side effects from chemo and radiation and new ones too. Seems everyday is a “wonder what will happen today” kind of day. Each day is new so I’m just trying to think positive and do one day at a time. Sending you a pm for your opinion on something